Mamelodi Sun Valley contains 504 residential properties. The average sale price for the year ending 31 March 2012 between individuals was R408,125. Click on the links below to find out more about this suburb
New to this site? Have a look at the site overview
The Affordable Land and Housing Data Centre (al+hdc) is an initiative focused on the lower segment of South Africa’s property market. Drawing deeds data from the South African deeds registry and survey data from StatsSA and other sources, the al+hdc provides information on all neighbourhoods in South Africa where the average property price is less than R500,000. To read more about how suburbs were selected, click here
Data is provided at the neighbourhood level. The al+hdc provides information into the purchase price, the type of buyer and seller and level of mortgage finance in the affordable segment of the market. Consolidated analysis includes trends, levels of churn in different areas and the average value of properties. Further, the latest research on the affordable land and housing market, can be accessed.
The al+hdc is a joint venture between FinMark Trust and Urban LandMark, with support from Lightstone Property Services and Eighty 20.
Did you know?Of almost 6 million residential properties on the Deeds Registry, 3.5 million (58%) are valued at less than R500,000. Of about 6886 suburbs on the deeds registry, about 3500 have an average property value of less than R500 000. This is the target market of the al+hdc. And:
- Just under half (47%) of affordable market properties are found in former-black townships
- Only about 4% of properties in the affordable market are in Sectional Title schemes
- So far, in 2010, 80% of all new build has been in the affordable market; vs. about 35% of all resale
- Of almost 6 million residential properties on the Deeds Registry, 3.5 million are valued at less than R500 000. The Free State is the most affordable province, with 83% of its properties valued at less than R500 000 each
- The ABSA house price index (September 2010) estimates that the average nominal value of a home in the small houses (80m2-140m2) segment of the market is about R837,100